how to sous vide eggs
Being one of the easiest techniques for creating the perfect texture for an egg, sous vide cooking takes preparing your breakfast eggs to a whole other level. Learn how to sous vide eggs with the help of a little genius called the Saki Sous Vide Cooker. This sous vide eggs guide guarantees a traditional yet tasty poached egg recipe in just under 15 minutes.
Ingredients for Sous Vide Eggs
- 2 large eggs
- Freshly ground pepper
Sous Vide Eggs Recipe
1. Preheat your sous vide cooker water bath to 75° C.
2. With the help of a slotted spoon, gently drop the eggs at the bottom of the water bath.
3. Set the timer of the sous vide cooker to 13,5 minutes. Start cooking.
4. Remove the eggs when the time is up and run them under cold tap water for half a minute. You can also place them in an ice bath for a few seconds as an alternative. The point here is to get the eggs to a temperature cool enough to handle.
5. Crack the eggs and transfer them into the serving bowl, right before seasoning them with salt and pepper.
Sous Vide Egg Temperature vs. Sous Vide Egg Time
Sous vide eggs temperature depends solely on the type of doneness you wish for your egg. If you want your sous vide eggs poached, then the temperature and the timing indicated in this recipe is the perfect amount. For sous vide eggs hard boiled the best temperature vs. time ratio would be 76° C to 1 hour.
Sous Vide Eggs Tips
- Use only fresh eggs: Fresh eggs have tighter whites and work much better for a poached version of sous vide eggs.
- Try testing before serving: To find the ultimate sous vide eggs time vs. temperature ratio, try testing the recipe a couple of times before serving it as a dish at breakfast or brunch.
- Size matters: All eggs are slightly different from each other in size and form; so don't be surprised when you don't achieve the exact result every time you sous vide an egg.
- Check for cracks: It is important to examine the shell for any cracks or opening before transferring it into the water bath.